Why we should recycle Free essay! Download now
Home > A Level > Geography > Why we should recycle
Why we should recycle
You can download this essay for free. All you need to do is register and submit at least one of your essays to us.
Or you can purchase this essay for just $2 instantly without registering
Downloads to date:
| Words: 1336 | Submitted: 03-Nov-2011
98.1% | Number of pages: 8 | Filetype: Word .doc
This is what the first 3 pages of the essay look like
DescriptionA speech preparation for the subject on why we should recycle
WHY WE SHOULD RECYCLE
Specific Purpose: To persuade my audience to start recycling.
Central Idea: Recycling can help reduce waste, pollution and preserve natural resources.
Method of Organization: Monroe’s motivated sequence.
Recycling… We hear about it more and more these days in America and throughout the world. Our landfills are filling up way too fast and we are running out of room to produce more of them. Every day we hear on TV and read on the internet and in the newspapers about the greenhouse effect, air and water pollution, but we really don’t know what to do or how we can prevent it. We don’t even think that we are a big part of this problem. Too many people don’t recycle and it is creating a big problem for the environment. Most of you might sit there in your seatss and think, “Recycling really doesn’t matter”. Today my goal is to persuade you to start recycling!
I. America is one of the leading countries in producing trash in the world!
A. How much trash do we contribute produce America?
1. According to the (EPA) The Environment Protection Agency, each year Americans generate millions of tons of trash in the form of wrappings, bottles, boxes, cans, grass clippings, furniture, clothing, phone books and much, much more. Discuss EPA Pie Chart in depth.
2. Americans throw away enough office paper annually to build a wall 12 feet high, stretching from Los Angeles to New York City that is according to trash company (Management) Waste Management Inc.
3. North Americans account for only 8% of the world's population, yet we produce 50% of the world's garbage..." (Brummet) according to Dave & Lillian Brummet of Publish America.
B. Waste pollutes the environment
1. According to Annenberg Media (Media)”Americans are generating waste products faster than nature can break them down and using up resources faster than they can be replaced.
2. Plastic onion sacks and other bags have a huge negative impact on sea life and birds. Birds dive into the water and are trapped in the bags, which very often results in their death. Birds, turtle and whales can choke on plastic or get food poisoning which can again result in death.
3. Plastic bags. Once in the environment, it takes months to hundreds of years for plastic bags to breakdown. As they decompose, tiny toxic bits seep into soils, lakes, rivers, and the oceans, according to John Roach of National Geographic News. (Roach)
C. Americans are using resources faster than they can be replaced.
1. Trees are cut down to make paper. The more paper we waste, the more trees we have to cut down. It takes approximately 15 to 20 years to grow a tree. So we are cutting the trees faster then they grow. Trees clean the ...
Download this essay in full now!
Just upload at one of your essays to our database and instantly download your selection! Registration takes seconds
Comments and reviews
Reviews are written by members who have downloaded the essay
No comments yet. If you download the essay you can review it afterwards.